QuickBooks is an incredible software that has completely evolved the traditional way of accounting and bookkeeping. It consists of the latest tools and features that help manage business efficiently and increase productivity. QuickBooks Audit trail is a feature used to track details like when and by whom the changes like deletion, transactions were made. It means to track the individual who has made any modifications in transactions or amounts.
Occasionally company files become large due to some closed transactions and untouched elements that grow over time. This is when Quickbooks Audit Trail Removal comes into play as it assists to turn off audit trail in QuickBooks files. When you do QuickBooks Audit Trail Turn Off then the file size scales back to 40-50% and enhances the software’s importance.
You will read how the QuickBooks audit trail turns off functions and why you must turn off audit trail in QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks Audit Trail Work?
QuickBooks manages the transactions log and informs you when anyone makes modification in the log. Audit Trail helps you check who did those changes and when. Accountants and bookkeepers use this tool to track users who made changes in logs, amounts and transactions. Note: You must have full access rights. Disabling the audit log can’t be done for audit and security reasons.
Details you get:
- Date changes.
- Name of the person who made the change
- Type of changes done..
- Customer/vendor name who did the modifications.
- Date as well as amount of the actual transaction.
Note: Select ‘View’ in the option of History to check the audit’s history.
How to Run Audit Trail Reports?
- Reach out to the tab Reports.
- Tap on Accountant & Taxes.
- Two reports will be shown there:
- Audit Trail
- Deleted/Voided Transactions Detail
QuickBooks Audit Trail Removal Service: What does it Do?
The importance of Quickbooks audit trail removal can’t be denied. It helps you compress the size of the company file without damaging and losing any data. Transactions are kept safe and also deletes the unused audit trail details. With this tool, here is no need to remove the full file to clear up space to improve QuickBooks speed.
Does QuickBooks Audit Trail Removal affect QuickBooks?
No, when you turn off audit trail in QuickBooks 2014, you are doing a favor to your system because QuickBooks software gets full of unwanted files that grow too large if you do not Turn off audit trail in QuickBooks. It means that QuickBooks Audit Trail Removal helps to enhance the software’s speed and its operation.
Turn off Audit Trail in QuickBooks in 6 Easy Steps
- Launch QBs Software and tap on the option of File Menu.
- Find the Utilities Tab and click on it.
- Choose from the options displayed on the Screen. Tap on Clean up company data or condense data as per the QuickBooks version on the system.
- Pick the Date range from when you want to remove Audit trail.
- Tick the registration displayed on the screen. Then the Audit trails for the transactions and accounts will get removed
- Start a Clean Up to complete the process.
You can turn off audit trail in QuickBooks 2016 using the same above steps. Mac users can also follow the similar procedure to perform QuickBooks audit trail removal in the system.
Frequently Asked Questions
1- What are some Advantages of the Audit Trail Report?
- Finding lost and missing Transactions.
- Tracking changed transactions.
- Easy Tracking of Entries of deleted transactions.
- Tracing Voided transactions.
- Login time of the person can be checked.
2- What are some Drawbacks of the Audit Trail Report?
- Systems start performing slowly due to many closed/unused transactions.
- Unused list elements get built over time.
- More load on the PC.
- QuickBooks dimension gets increased in size.
3- How to Find an Audit Trail in QuickBooks All Editions?
For Users with QuickBooks Version of Enterprise, Pro, Premier, and desktop:
- Click twice on the QB Desktop icon.
- Pick the Reports option.
- Tap on Accountant and Taxes.
- Choose the option of Audit Trail.
For QBO users:
- Open the QBO.
- Tap on the icon like Gear.
- Click on the option of Audit Log.
Hopefully, you will find all the important concepts like how to turn off audit trail in QuickBooks, its significance, and methods to carry out this process. The steps discussed here can be followed by any QuickBooks users. Hope you found this post useful to you. .In case you have more complicated doubts about how to turn off audit trail in QuickBooks 2018, then we would recommend you to contact QuickBooks Customer Support via live chat, phone call and email also. The trained experts have sufficient skills to provide you instant help.